fan⋅cy [fan-see]

--noun
1 imagination or fantasy
2 the artistic ability of creating unreal or whimsical imagery
3 a mental image or conception
4 an idea or opinion with little foundation
5 a caprice, whim, vagary
6 critical judgement, taste
7 LOVE
8 the fancy, Archaic. people deeply interested in art or sport
--adjective
9 of superfine quality or exceptional appeal
10 depending on imagination; whimsical; irregular
11 much too costly; exorbitant or extravagant
--verb
12 to form a conception of; picture oneself
13 to take a liking to
14 to believe without being absolutely certain

23 December 2009

golden days

There's not a thing more dreamy to me than old photos:

Find more of these family photos here.

These portraits call to mind one of my favorite photographer friends. Some recent works:


Now go write a story or song, cause I know you're inspired!

I've tried my hand at polaroid picture-taking, with a 600 I got for pennies at a flea market. Here's a sample from this year:






And my most favorite, always, the boy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

former fancies

fancy fans

oh!

FancyTown, USA
"Tell me where is Fancy bred, Or in the heart or in the head? How begot, how nourished? Reply, reply."

what's so fancy?