fan⋅cy [fan-see]

--noun
1 imagination or fantasy
2 the artistic ability of creating unreal or whimsical imagery
3 a mental image or conception
4 an idea or opinion with little foundation
5 a caprice, whim, vagary
6 critical judgement, taste
7 LOVE
8 the fancy, Archaic. people deeply interested in art or sport
--adjective
9 of superfine quality or exceptional appeal
10 depending on imagination; whimsical; irregular
11 much too costly; exorbitant or extravagant
--verb
12 to form a conception of; picture oneself
13 to take a liking to
14 to believe without being absolutely certain

19 April 2010

For Ashley


Dear Ash,
These are the tulips I mentioned in our phone conversation last night. You called me to tell me you'll be moving to Santa Cruz in September... finally you'll be on the west coast! In my time zone! A 5 hour drive away, instead of a plane ride. Can it really be true?


See? Aren't they magical inside? These tulips cost $4 at Trader Joe's... I know I should buy potted plants instead, but these were so pretty and so cheap! Here's the full view of my bathroom wall... you get the idea now.


You said you were excited for year-round farmers' markets, and living by the ocean, sunshine, camping trips, dinner parties... yes.

This will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

former fancies

fancy fans

oh!

FancyTown, USA
"Tell me where is Fancy bred, Or in the heart or in the head? How begot, how nourished? Reply, reply."

what's so fancy?